March 30, 2009

Such and such

Contrary to what may be popular belief, I do actually have a life.  For instance, as I type I'm watching some cheesy Lifetime movie and waiting for 24 to start.  See?  (:  

For starters, I would like to show you this:
That, my friends, is Mary Grace, who is possibly the coolest kid ever.  And she's wearing a tutu.  She is the daughter of one of my very best friends, and it was her first birthday party.  It was so much fun watching her eat cake for the first time.  She had never tasted anything that sweet before but her life has never been the same since.  I can't wait to be friends with that kid.  

I've been house and dog sitting for her parents all this past week while they were away.  It was nice to come home and hang out with my own dog.  I had missed her.  Is that weird?  We got some bad news last week that my friend's dog, George's mentor, had to be put down.  Reesey was lit'rally the best dog EV.ER.  She was a Christian so I know she's in heaven.  She led George to Christ.  (:  
I will be praying for my friend; this has hit her very hard in an already difficult time in her life.  If you are reading this, I'm sure she would appreciate your prayers, too.  

Last night, I finally got to meet one of my new neighbors.  She's apparently 12 years old and named Raven, which I think is cool.  You know what else is cool?  -She came and knocked on my door at 10PM to tell me that a huge limb had fallen in my front yard.  
Upon further inspection, it was determined that it was blocking half of the street in front of my house.  Since the city road people were closed on a Sunday night, I had the distinct pleasure of calling the police for the first time in my life.  Now, if you know me at all, you know that I am terrified of calling people that I do not know on the phone.  I felt very brave.  And the nice officer even hiccuped loudly into his phone while I was talking to him, just to break the ice.  They responded very promptly and the guys with chainsaws came out around 11PM to clear the street.  It was quite the eventful evening.    

Yay for fun times!  

Oh, and also within the last week, I have succumbed to the Twitter craze (just for you, RD).  Follow me at your own risk.  (:  

@1edub, OUT!


1 comment:

3girlsmom said...

1. Yes, MG is cool and awesome. But cheeks could take her down. ;)

2. Seriously praying for Reesey's mommy. Sad sad sad.

3. Congrats on the bravery. And I'm kinda cracked up at the hiccuping police officer.

4. Welcome to Twitter. And you just thought Facebook was addicting....

BTW, my word verification is perin. Hmmmm....