April 7, 2009

American Idol - Top 8

I have always loved the songs-from-the-year-you-were-born theme. Usually it's some sweet 80s song that I know and love. I hope these people work it out!

01 Danny Gokey (1980) - "Stand By Me" This arrangement to me started a little weird. At first I thought it was getting a little too boring, but when it kicked into a little bit more of the groove, I liked it. I sure do love it when he hits those high notes. Boy can sing.

02 Kris Allen (1985 a June baby, yeah!) - "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" I love the funk vibe. I would go dancing with Mr. Allen. And I don't even dance well. I thought it was a lot of fun.

03 Lil Rounds (1984) - "What's Love Got To Do With It" Finally, a powerhouse song! And shoot, it feels a little weak to me. A little pitchy, and a little boring. She can SING! Where is the Lil that made all these people look like children?

04 Anoop Desai (1986) - "True Colors" Hm. Cyndi Lauper? I do like the acoustic, sort-of R&B arrangement, and I think he's singing it well. I really do like Anoop a lot (hello, such a nice guy). This feels right for him, finally. I wouldn't have expected it, but I really liked it!

05 Scott MacIntyre (1985 another June baby!) - "The Search Is Over" I love this Survivor song. Who knew he could also play the guitar - what?! That's awesome. But goodness, in my humble opinion, he's vocally just not hitting this song. And by "not hitting," I mean, "I can't take it."

06 Allison Iraheta (1992) - Good grief, that girl is a BABY!! "I Can't Make You Love Me" I LOVE this song. I think Bonnie Raitt is a great choice for her (though I also think she can sing just about anything). I think most of the emotion of this song is lost on her, but I didn't hear a bad note, that's for sure. I don't think heartbreaking ballads are the best for her rocker self, but I give her credit for trying to take it down a notch.

07 Matt Giraud (1985) - "Part Time Lovers" This is seriously one of my favorite Stevie Songs. I think it's a good groove for Matt. I really like what he did with it, and I really like it when he hits those high notes!

08 Adam Lambert DANGIT!!!!! MY DVR DIDN'T RECORD ADAM!!!!
And my life feels as though it's hanging in the balance. I. Must. Know.
**UPDATE** Here's the YouTube video. I don't think it warranted the famed Simon-Standing-O, but see for yourself:


3 comments:

Smoochiefrog said...

Adam nailed it.

Allison is totally the baby! She's the same age as my oldest! ACK!

Jackie Sue said...

Adam got a standing ovation from SIMON...some song aobut It's a Bad World or Sad world or something like that...I had never heard the song before, but Sarah said he did an awesome job on it...

Jackie Sue said...

Oh, hey, if I'm still dead, ignore that last comment :)