April 30, 2008

Songs of the Week

So am obsessed lately with our "theme weeks" here at work. I pick a topic for the week, and everyone who wishes to play my little game brings a song to the table related to that theme. This week, it's all about songs that have a woman's name in them (and for the love, I cannot find a way to say that sentence that feels right to me...it's just awkward grammar...I need perfect prose, people). Anyway, we have compiled an even greater list this week than last week's "songs about the sun". Here's what we've got so far, and the week's only half over:

Come On Eileen – Dexy’s Midnight Runners
Oh Sheila – Prince
Oh Sherrie – Steve Perry
My Sharona – The Knack
Amanda – Boston
Mandy – Barry Manilow
Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds – Elton John
Someday, Sarah – Dave Barnes
Grace’s Amazing Hands – Dave Barnes
All That Noise – Dave Barnes (Liza)
Annie – Dave Barnes
Adeline – Dave Barnes
Barbara Ann – The Beach Boys
Could It Be Magic – Barry Manilow
Sweet Melissa – Allman Brothers
Breakfast at Tiffany’s – Deep Blue Something
Help Me Rhonda – The Beach Boys
Layla – Eric Clapton
Annie’s Song – John Denver (and, since I listened today, Travis Cottrell)
Wake Up Little Susie – The Everly Brothers
Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
Roxanne – The Police
Fancy – Reba McIntire
Cecilia – Simon & Garfunkel
You Can Call Me Al - Paul Simon
Maggie May – Rod Stewart
*also, about a frillion "Maria" songs...but I am overcome so thus choose not to list all

Please feel free to add on some of your favorites to my list! I would be lost in all the craziness of my job if it weren't for this funness!

No comments: