May 28, 2009

I've saved up a lot of most of the exciting things

I feel like I haven't blogged in half a lifetime. And since lifetimes are counted in seasons of American Idol, that would be just about right. (: And now, I will tell you about my life in a series of photographs.

My sister and I went home for Mother's Day since we are the best daughters ever. What really cracks me up is this picture from George on the way to Jacksonville. She doesn't ever settle down on car rides, and this is her favorite position. Right over the shoulder of the driver. I don't understand it, but I find it HILARIOUS.
Amanda and I took our Mom out to The Melting Pot as a surprise. Dad was so good because we left earlier than we needed and he drove all around town just confusing her. I think we did well because she was SO surprised and we all REALLY loved that fondue. We also got a chance to try a family-squish self portrait. And who doesn't love that?
The next big moment (at least that I photographed) was me trying my best Lea impersonation in honor of the 24 season finale. Since I've been hooked into the show by one of my favorite families in town, I decided we should throw a 24 x 24 dinner. That is 24 different foods, and 24 pieces of each food item. 24 carrot sticks, 24 wings, 24 Twizzlers, 24 chocolate covered strawberries, 24 mini pizzas, 24 Sweet Sixteen donuts, etc... Y'all, it was a feat of 576 proportions. I will do just about anything to get teenagers to think I'm cool.
This past weekend was my cousin's fiance's bridal shower. Unlike the other 75% of my family, they don't live in Florida. I traveled to Athens, GA with my grandma, aunt, and mom to stay on the farm with my other aunt. I have decided that I LOVE the farm. There is so much pretty all around. My uncle built their house by hand, and grows a whole bunch of whatever he wants in his huge garden. A whole bunch of strawberries were ready to be picked when we were there, and we seriously had strawberry-something with every meal. It was awesome. I made jam! This is a picture of my cousin Whitney, Grandma, Aunt Becky, Mom, me, and Aunt Tere after Andrea's shower.
Speaking of Andrea's shower, some day I hope to accessorize as well as this Georgia Peach. You know the one. She seriously was my favorite part.


I did almost die walking around on the farm. Here is my proof:

I didn't let that stop me from having loads of fun with my new best friend the next day! I haven't really been able to sit well since, but I'm not sorry! It was the first time ever that I've ridden a horse that wasn't on a trail, following a leader. It was amazing.



So yeah. That was a run down of the things I've been doing. Some day I will tell all the fun stories from Adventures In Lunch with Meghan because that is blogging GOLD. For now, though, I have to ready myself to travel to Chicago for a week with 50-something teenagers. You can check out the youth choir's progress from June 1-7 here. Pray for us!



3 comments:

3girlsmom said...

1. GEORGE'S PiC IS MY FAVORITE EVER!
2. Your family is pretty.
3. I miss all the peeps who were at the 24 party. Well, at least the ones I know.
4. The lady in the black/white jacket and white glasses seriously just made my day.
5. George is ON POINT over that snake! And who is the brave soul (crazy person) with the STICK!? Um, no way, buddy.
6. You + a horse = happy me. You look so happy and that makes me happy.
7. You are going to Chi-town. I LOVE me some Chicago. Have fun and I'll try not to be bitter at Chicago b/c it has you and I don't.
8. Spencer ate salmon for dinner and it STINKS. I hate salmon. That had nothing to do with anything, but I wanted to let you know.
9. I made banana bread from scratch today. Don't you wish you were here?
10. LOVE YOU!

3girlsmom said...

I just realized that the "i" in the word "PIC" in #1 isn't capitalized. That will drive me insane until the end of time.

Meghan said...

You are BACK! Today is good. Very good.