June 2, 2008

Walking through the park and reminiscing

I. Love. The weekend.  

I have to tell you that I've had a string of pretty pleasant ones lately.  This is mainly because of two things: hanging out with good friends, and fun in the sun.  I love to be outside in the sun in the Florida summer.  Call me crazy.  

This past weekend, my sister's church was having a beach day at St. George Island.  She invited me to come!  This is a big deal because my sister never asks me to do anything.  With her.  And her friends.  And let's be honest, I very rarely do things with people I don't know.  But I've been missing the beach and yearning to do things outside my comfort zone (weird?), so off we went.  

Highlights of the day:
1. Feeling like a college kid again, riding in the car with a bunch of college kids (holler out the window, etc)
2. Seeing a new cute boy for my sister to like, instead of the not-so-nice one who just moved away.
3. We SURFED.   I.  Am so proud.  Of myself.  I had never been surfing before, but since a bunch of her church friends had multiple surfboards, I got to learn!  And let me tell you, I "caught" every wave I tried, and stood up for what I believe to be a respectable amount of time.  Even long enough on the last one to strike some victorious and cool surfer poses.  Thank you.  

Bittersweet: this was my first trip to a beach since my return from Hawaii.  I discovered that I truly will never be the same.  How can it ever get better than this?:





Too bad I don't have any pictures of surfing.  Good story, huh?  And then I found five dollars.

1 comment:

3girlsmom said...

You found 5 dollars? Lucky. (to be spoken in Napoleon Dynamite voice)

Oh yeah, glad you had fun at the beach. I was sidetracked by the 5 dollar discovery.

Finding hidden money is so cool.